Wednesday 27 February 2013

Number 9 : Tvåkanten

It is not always easy to compare restaurants. Often you are comparing different types and tastes of food and then ultimately also you find yourself comparing price and most of all the question "do you get what you paid for?" If I was to go to a McDonalds I could receive a main course, dessert and drink for a minimal price and be content with what I received for the price I had paid. At Restaurang Tvåkanten I found myself paying around 10 times the cost of a McDonalds for my drink, main course and dessert... so the question is, was it worth it?



The experience was professionalism from start to finish. From the way I was met at the door, the way I was served, right down to the way the waitresses presented and explained each course to me as it was  delivered to the table. Not only was the menu delightfully selective but still varied, to match it all the food tasted exquisitely divine and the wine recommended to me was the perfect complement. You often find that the more money you pay for your food the smaller the portion sizes become. With this in mind I'm not sure I would have been full up on just a main course alone, so be sure to take along an extra bank note in your wallet and order one of the desserts on offer, the cheesecake certainly carries my reccomendation.

The restaurant itself was was cosy and spacious. A log fire warmed the room and the mood was light and relaxed. The service was friendly but at the same time unobtrusive. Despite being a Tuesday evening in February the restaurant was still full, a popular choice by many it seems.

So back to the question.... Was it worth it, did I get value for money?
Answer: Yes!


Rating: 9 / 10
Price: Expensive... but well worth it!
Would I go back here? Yes :) 

Address:  Kungsportsavenyn 27

Date of visit: Monday 26th February 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment