Saturday 16 February 2013

Number 7 : Hereford Beefstouw

As to how someone who has been vegetarian for 28 years ended up in a Steak House is something that I am not really sure about. From the entire menu my options of a main course were limited to one dish (main course salad bar) but still after reading the menu outside the main door I was still lured inside. 

I really enjoyed coming here. I would recommend this place.

What attracted me most was the decoration. Looking in from the outside the restaurant seemed pleasantly exclusive and I was not disappointed once I stepped inside. The place was clean and fresh and nicely laid out. The staff were professional, polite and friendly.

The menu although naturally full of meat looked fun and wide ranging. I say fun because to place your order you had fill in a little piece of paper describing how you want your steak and the side dishes you would like with it. It was also fun as while you wait for your food there is also place on the menu to write a postcard to a friend which the restaurant pays for the cost of the postage.

Sadly for us vegetarians, If you choose the main course salad then the fun is slightly taken away...
Would I like my salad "well done", "rare" of "half cooked"? Also as the salad buffet was all prepared and waiting then my time for writing postcards was indeed limited. I never realised how much I was missing out from by not eating meat ;-) 

Having said that though I was impressed by the selection of salad dishes I could choose from and from the variety of sauces available. I managed to fill myself up with salad, chips,  bread and wine and was delightfully full after all of this. My stomach could not resist having a dessert though and the choice on offer was also delicious and mouth watering.

A great evening, I wonder if all Steak Houses are like this?


Rating: 8.5 / 10
Price: Expensive
Would I go back here? It was expensive for a salad but I think I would definitely visit again if I was with a group of carnivores who were looking for a nice evening out 

Address: Linnégatan 5

Date of visit: Wednesday 13th February 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment