Friday 1 February 2013

Number 5 : Vino Pasta Due

La cucina piccola fal la casa grande... Or roughly translated "A small kitchen makes a big house". Vino Pasta Due is discretely tucked away in the basement of a building on Södra Vägen. On the outside it looks inconspicuous and I almost wondered if I was going in the right entrance as I entered. On walking inside however the restaurant was very quaint and well decorated and made a cosy alternative from the winter weather outside.




I love fresh pasta... so much so that I bought a pasta maker in the summer and have been making my own ever since. The pasta at Vino Pasta Due was very fresh and succulent. On the downside thought I found the vegetarian option I chose a bit unimaginative. It wasn't "not nice" but was more the case that the taste was a bit bland for my liking. The tomato sauce was quite neutral and the chosen vegetables didn't really do much to give it a kick. The service was professional and efficient, no more, no less.

This was a nice environment to eat in though and I would be a pleasant place to go to for a quite evening. The restaurant was full, even on a Tuesday night so I'm sure that the food can't be all that bad, even if I wasn't overly impressed by what I had to eat. 

Rating: 5.5 / 10
Price: Medium

Would I go back here? For a nice place to eat, yes. I would not eat the same dish again though.

Address: Södra Vägen 26
Link

Date of visit: January 29th 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment