Friday 25 January 2013

Number 4: Tien Hung

As I was sitting in this restaurant I started to wonder "what ever happened to Chinese food?" Twenty or Thirty years ago when you went out for foreign food then Chinese seemed always to be the most popular choice... now it seems Chinese food has sinked way down the list and has been overshadowed by Thai, Sushi, Tapas and Korv kiosks.  

Chinese food was always my favourite growing up.

Chinese is one of my most favourite foods, I have always loved it... Chinese has a taste that is distinctive and in a Chinese restaurant there is normally a vast menu to choose from and you can mix many things together. The same is true at Tien Hung, the menu was vast and the food tasted nice. The service was very friendly which as you may realise from my previous entries a big positive in my books. I went here on my own on a Tuesday night after a long day at work. Seeing I was sitting alone the waiter very kindly came and left me 2 local newspapers on my table. At least I assume that  they were for me although I did wonder if he had left them there by mistake as he was clearing my starter. I left them untouched just to be safe.  I did however like the way that this "table for one customer" was made to feel welcome. The food was freshly cooked and I came away feeling stuffed and satisfied.

The ambience... the decoration.... It was cosy but it did remind me a lot of Chinese restaurants back in the 1980's. It was like visiting a memory from my past. I guess that's the problem with Chinese food/restaurants in general, nothing much has really changed since then. So if you are looking for some nostalgia, a trip down memory-lane and a hearty meal then take a visit. If you are looking for a special night out that, a new experience that you will remember for a life-time then maybe go somewhere else...

Rating: 5 / 10

Price: Cheap


Would I go back here? I wouldn't NOT go back but won't be hurrying back... might do if I want a quick, cheap Chinese meal.

Address: Kungsgatan 10B
Link: 

Date of visit: January 22nd 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment