Sunday 15 September 2013

Number 41 : Kometen

This restaurant is easily recognisable by the life-sized picture of Leif Mannerström stuck on the window. Not that I am a big fan of reality TV, but anyone living in Sweden the last few years would be familiar with this recognisable figure from the programme Mästerkock. Having seen some of the criticism he gives out on TV then surely his own restaurant must be of a good standard?
With my parents in tow we ended up at Kometen.



The food was luxurious and all very well cooked. There was no vegetarian dish on the menu but I was told that something could be prepared from the kitchen. It is always a bit of a gamble when that happens and I guess it comes down to what ingredients are available in the fridge and the creativty of the chef in the kitchen. In reality this isn't really a place you would come to for vegetables and a healthy meal. The menu consisted mainly of meat and sauces and although not to my tasting everything did look very well presented and appetising. I enjoyed my vegetarian creation in any case.


The service was very friendly and the restaurant was well kept in the style that befitted somewhere that has been a Göteborg favourite since the 1930's.

Rating: 7 / 10
Price: Expensive
Would I go back here? As a vegetarian, no.  It was quite a cosy place to eat out though so is definitely a place I could visit again with meat-eating guests. 

Address: Vasagatan 58

Date of visit: Sunday 8th September 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment