Sunday 16 June 2013

Number 25 : Berzelius bar & matsal

This is a place I have passed by many times on my way towards Liseberg. I have always been attracted by the outdoor serving area and many an afternoon I have gone by to see people casually drinking and eating in the sun after a long day at work. 

Upon visiting I was very impressed. Both the outdoor and the indoor eating areas were very elaborately done and it was clear that a lot of attention was put down even to the smallest of details. The waiters and waitresses were all dressed smartly and acted accordingly. I found I received a very good and professional dining experience for a very reasonable price.


The food served was a blend of different Swedish traditional dishes with a strong input from the Gothenburg region. There was also a Tapas section as well. The menu was varied but also not excessive meaning it was easy to find something you like without getting lost in pages of different choices. I went for a vegetarian lasagne and was more than impressed.

The clientele tended to be towards the older generation. This is the kind of place I would be more than happy to bring my parents looking for an authentic taste of Swedish cuisine, or even business associates. At the same time though it was also very relaxed and friendly, all in all a nice mix.


Rating: 8 / 10
Price: average  
Would I go back here? Yes, with the right company.

Address: Södra vägen 20, 412 54 Göteborg

Date of visit: Friday 14th June 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment