Sunday 9 June 2013

Number 24 : Kinesiska Muren

Sweden's oldest Chinese restaurant, situated by the water in a building that probably once stood proudly overlooking the sea greeting the boats as they arrive in to Göteborg.  Now the building stands alone surrounded by car-parks, a fading glory from Göteborg's past.



The restaurant was authentically decorated and would have been very nice apart from one thing which really detracted from the experience.... this being green and white tablecloths with a big piece of see-through plastic on top. No doubt the plastic cover makes for easier cleaning but sadly it made me feel like I was eating in a preschool.

The menu was extremely large and in all honesty there was too many things to choose from. I could have spent a long time going through the different dishes. It is nice to have choice but sometimes too much can be a bad thing. The food itself was bland and didn't have much taste. The service was polite but nothing special and in the time I was there I was waited by 3 different people and probably exchanged about 2 sentences with each of them.

This restaurant I feel could have a lot of potential, sadly I left disappointed though.

Rating: 3 / 10
Price: cheap 
Would I go back here? No

Address: Skeppsbron 4
411 21 Göteborg

Date of visit: Wednesday 5th June 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment