Friday 31 May 2013

Number 20 : Svarta Oliver

I have to admit I am not a big fan of olives so coming to a restaurant named "The Black Olive" was something I was a bit cautious to do. However, after it had been recommended to me a few times I thought I would have to give it a go.

Grilled Halloumi marinated with peppers and ruccola salad starter

I thought the food was really well presented and the plate was very decorative. The food was extremely filling and after my starter and the complimentary bread I struggled to eat my main course, even though it was very nice. The menu was varied and catered for a wide variety of tastes and styles so it was refreshing to find dishes that you maybe would not find so often in other restaurants.

Oven baked stuffed pepper
The restaurant interior was very earthy. Lots of dark woods and limited light coming in made it seem very enclosed and a long way away from the fresh and sunny day outside. There was a big open fire in the middle of the room and I can imagine that on a cold winters evening this place could be very cosy and appealing.
The service was professional and my food came quickly, no complaints in this department.



Rating: 6 / 10
Price: average to expensive
Would I go back here? On a cold winter's evening.

Address: Kristinelundsgatan 4

Date of visit: Tuesday 28th May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment