Tuesday 21 May 2013

Number 19 : Beijing 8


Fom the website... 

“Beijing8 is a dumplings & tea restaurant chain for slow fast food with an organic state of mind. We’re currently 8 restaurants in 2 country and serve 37 items on our menu. We also feature 8 portraits of our favorite creative Beijingers”

Which to be honest pretty much sums the experience up... The restaurant itself was very simple. Sleek, wooded furniture and limited decoration gave it a modern feel but also in some respects a cold one as well. The menu consists of dumplings that can be cooked in different ways and come with different sauces and extras. If you like dumplings then it is worth a visit, if you don’t then this place will not do much for you.



I wasn’t so impressed by the service. I didn’t really understand the menu and it seemed that it was an effort to have it explained for me. The rest of the time the staff were just chatting to each other or on the phone. 
My food was nice though but to be honest if I want dumplings again I would probably go to a Chinese restaurant where you get more choice. If you want dumplings in a hurry or on a lunch break though then it is worth a try.

Rating: 4 / 10
Price: cheap 
Would I go back here? Probably not

Address: Magasinsgatan 3, Gothenburg, Sweden

Date of visit: Tuesday 21st May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment