Sunday 20 January 2013

Number 3 : Göteborg Wok

It was cold last night (-11.C) so going to a place just 200 meters from my flat was preferable. Göteborg Wok is a new restaurant opened a few months a go so I thought that it was time to check it out. It is one of those places where you can choose your own ingredients and then they cook your food for you, alternatively they also have a ready made selection as well.


My food being cooked. I was watching carefully as there was some massive prawns being cooked on either side of my food, I was quite glad they didn't jump in to mine.

At 198kr I had always thought this place looked a bit pricey for what it is... having said that though once you see the amount of food there it to choose from then it seems worth the money paid. I always find these places a bit scary the first time I visit (I'm never sure what to do) but the staff were really friendly and explained the whole process. Basically what you do is take a plate, go to the pre-cooked food buffet, pile up your plate with uncooked food and then take it to the front to be cooked (see picture). If you are too lazy for that then there was also a whole section of already cooked food to select from. You can eat as much as you want and also soft drinks are included. If you want alcohol this is extra and there is a well stocked bar to choose from. Cake / Fruit / Ice-cream were all included in the price and there was also a small sushi buffet. 

I think you would mainly go here if you are a group looking to have fun. A great place to go with a bunch of friends and it seemed many of the people here were on their way in to the city. Not maybe the best place to go if you are wanting a quite intimate dinner, it had a bit of a fast food restaurant feeling to it all. Kids are welcome and they seemed to enjoy the whole process of taking strange combinations of food and having it cooked.

Rating: 6 / 10


Price: Medium to expensive...  but you get a lot of food for your money.


Would I go back here? Is not the most luxurious place I will visit but on the other side it is not really intended as that kind of restaurant anyway. It was clean and fresh and the staff were really friendly and talkative. I'm thinking this would be a great place to go when my family (parents, brother, sister, kids etc..) next visit.

Address: Östrahamngatan 5
Link

Date of visit: 19th January 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment