Sunday 17 March 2013

Number 11 : Super Rullband

Food should be fun and this place certainly kept me entertained. A sushi restaurant where all the dishes move past you on a conveyor belt and you take the ones you want before they move off in to the distance.



Being a first timer I needed to have the whole system explained to me first but in the end it was all quite simple. Every dish you choose comes on a plate (be it sushi, a cooked dish or dessert) and at the end the waitress/waiter counts up how many plates you have taken and charges you accordingly (you pay per plate). I did plan to only eat four plates but someone in the kitchen seemed to keep on sending things I liked zipping past my head on the conveyor belt and it wasn't long before I had 8 empty plates piled in front of me.
Aside from the sushi on conveyor belt you could also choose warm dishes. These also came on little plates and count as part of your overall final plate count.

I enjoyed it and it certainly kept my mind alert. As the food went past I had about 5 seconds to assess if it was vegetarian, was it something I liked and did I want to eat it? If it was a YES then I had to lift up the little hatch and grab it before it went past. It is almost like the luggage belt at the airport. If you miss your dish then it comes round again in a few minutes time. Also the staff are helpful and say that if there is any dish that you miss or someone else takes then you just have to ask and the Sushi chef will make it especially for you.
There was one moment when I was about to take a nice tofu sushi but the person in front of me snatched it first but thankfully there was another one a few plates down the line.

Clean and fresh with helpful staff, worth a try just for the pure fun of it.


Rating: 6 / 10
Price: Cheap
Would I go back here? Yes, it was fun. I had to concentrate a lot though on catching my food so do not think I was the best of company.

Address:  Kungsgatan 25

Date of visit: Sunday 17th March 2013

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for a great review. I found your blog today when I was Googeling about Super Rullband. I also had a great experiance of that place. I went there for lunch with my colleges. Keep up the great work. Looking forrward to read your next review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Johan, thanks for your comment. I'm glad you found the review useful. 39 more restaurants to go ;-)

      Delete